Young Drivers How to Lose Your License

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/domains/ on line 267

If you are under 18 years old and applying for a Nevada driver’s license or permit, a parent or guardian must cosign your application. You will need to sign an affidavit stating you understand the following:

Your license may be:

  • Suspended for 90 days if your BAC is at least .02% but less than .08%
  • Revoked for 90 days for any court finding of driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance
  • Suspended or issuance delayed for up to two years for:
  1. Graffiti on or defacing public or private property
  2. Any criminal activity involving alcohol or a controlled substance
  3. Using, possessing, selling or distributing a controlled substance
  4. Purchasing, consuming or possessing an alcoholic beverage
  • Suspended or issuance delayed for up to one year for handling or possessing a firearm. For a second offence, your license is suspended or issuance delayed for up to two years
  • If found guilty of participating in or organizing an unauthorized speed contest you license for 6 months but not more than two years
  • Habitual truancy carries a suspension of you license for at least 30 day but no more than six months. For second offense your subsequent offenses, your license will be suspended for a least 60 days but no more than one year or have issuance of your license delayed for 60 days

Author: Rich Heinrich

Master Instructor, Emeritus

Instructor and Office Administrator

Frankie works and karaoke's in Las Vegas but his out-of-doors-heart is still out East. Born in Boston, Frankie loves the snow and mountains. As an avid snowboarder, Frankie has never seen a snow day he didn't LOVE! A graduate from…Read More