- Driving School
Car Parking Tips
Parking in a parking space:
When your outside mirror looks even with the first line of the parking space, look up the middle of the spot and turn.
When backing out of a parking space, back up straight until your windshield is even with the back of the vehicles parked next to you then turn the wheel. Remember to back up slowly and keep your foot on the brake for speed control.
A driver entering a street from a private driveway must stop before crossing the sidewalk and only proceed after looking both ways and yielding the right-of-way to approaching vehicles.
When parallel parking, you must park with the flow of traffic.
You cannot park:
- In an alley in a business district
- In front of a private driveway
- Within 20 feet of an intersection
- Within 20 feet of a stop sign
- Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant
When parking on a hill:
- The only time you turn your wheel to the left is when you are parking uphill with a curb.